This is the RE curriculum for Greenfield Primary School.
- Explore both the beliefs and practices of world faiths;
- develop knowledge and understanding of major world religions found in Britain;
- reflect on their own experiences and develop a personal response to the fundamental questions of life.
- develop skills to enable them to make reasoned judgements about religious issues.
- We allow children both to learn about religious traditions and to reflect on what the religious ideas and concepts mean to them.
- At each Key Stage it will be necessary to adhere to guidance on time allocation contained by the Department for Education. The guidance advises one hour a week should be devoted to RE at Key Stage 1 and one hour and 15 minutes a week should be devoted to RE at Key Stage 2.