We are creating a free verse poem, using figurative language- linked to our senses. We are creating the poem based on our previous work of 'Cog-heart'. During this study we will be focusing on different aspects of figurative language:
- and personification.
By the end of the unit each child will have created a short senses poem, focusing on the above targets.
Exploring multiples and factors
- Identify multiples and factors, including finding all factor pairs of a number and common factors of 2 numbers.
- Solve problems involving multiplication and division using their knowledge of factors and multiples
Mental calculation strategies for multiplication and division
- Multiply and divide numbers mentally drawing upon known facts.
- Solve problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and a combination of these, including the understanding of an equals sign.
Written methods for multiplication and division
- Multiply numbers up to 4 digits long by a single or 2 digit number using a formal written method.
- Divide numbers up to 4 digits long by a single digit number using the formal written method of short division and interpret remainders appropriately for the context.
What is it made of ?
Science- We have been learning about soluble and insoluble and what they mean.
The children in Palacio were put into groups, they had to investigate which materials were soluble. Each group developed their own investigation strategy. We had lots of fun and worked very hard. We used our 'Talk time' structures to support our predictions and evaluations.
We looked at the 3 different types of splatter that can be left by blood (liquid).
We then experimented with them, we got extremely messy and had lots of fun!