We are creating a free verse poem, using figurative language- linked to our senses. We are creating the poem based on our previous work of 'Cog-heart'. During this study we will be focusing on different aspects of figurative language:
- and personification.
By the end of the unit each child will have created a short senses poem, focusing on the above targets.
Exploring multiples and factors
- Identify multiples and factors, including finding all factor pairs of a number and common factors of 2 numbers.
- Solve problems involving multiplication and division using their knowledge of factors and multiples
Mental calculation strategies for multiplication and division
- Multiply and divide numbers mentally drawing upon known facts.
- Solve problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and a combination of these, including the understanding of an equals sign.
Written methods for multiplication and division
- Multiply numbers up to 4 digits long by a single or 2 digit number using a formal written method.
- Divide numbers up to 4 digits long by a single digit number using the formal written method of short division and interpret remainders appropriately for the context.
Has there ever been a better time to live?
History- We are focusing on learning about the major turning points in WW2; Life as a soldier, child and British citizen during WW2 and how Europe and Britain changed.
Geography- We will be plotting the countries involved in WW2 and identifying German and British strategies.
Art- We will be looking at varied techniques which can create a piece of art work linked the the Blitz.
We looked at the 3 different types of splatter that can be left by blood (liquid).
We then experimented with them, we got extremely messy and had lots of fun!