This is the History Curriculum for Greenfield Primary School.
- Know UK history as a coherent, chronological narrative, to present day.
- Know significant aspects of wider world history
- Gain and deploy a historically grounded understanding of abstract terms
- Understand continuity and change, cause/ consequence, similarity, difference, significance.
- Understand the methods of historical enquiry.
- Gain historical perspective by placing their growing knowledge into different contexts rigorously to make historical claims
- EYFS: topic work, past and present events in own lives and of family and friends.
- Key Stage 1 - History of schools inc. when Greenfield began, Victorians inc. Cotton mills of own locality (Frances Burgess – Cotton Queen), Hadrian’s Wall, Great Fire of London/Nantwich, Queens – Elizabeth I vs. Victoria, famous explorers – Christopher Columbus vs. Neil Armstrong
- Lower Key Stage 2 – Hunter Gatherers, Turning points in British history, Stone Age to Iron Age, Romans, Local history: Industrial Revolution, Ancient Egypt.
- Upper Key Stage 2 – Anglo Saxons and Scots, UK Monarchs, Vikings and Anglo Saxons to 1066, Turning points in British History, Ancient Greece, Benin.
- History is taught in the alternate half term to geography.