This is the Modern and Foreign Languages curriculum for Greenfield Primary School.
- Understand and respond to spoken or written language from authentic sources.
- Explore patterns and sounds through songs and rhymes linking spelling, sound and meaning of words.
- Speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity taking note of pronunciation.
- Write at varying lengths using the structures taught.
- Programmes of Study in Key Stage 2 are informed by the National Curriculum 2014, ensuring continuity and progression of French language knowledge and skills.
- Children start learning French in Year 3 through to Year 6 following the Catherine Cheater scheme of work.
- Well-judged and effective teaching strategies successfully engage pupils in their language learning.