This is the Design & Technology curriculum for Greenfield Primary School.
- develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently and to participate successfully in an increasingly technological world;
- build and apply a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills in order to design and make high-quality prototypes and products for a wide range of users;
- critique , evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others;
- understand and apply the principles of nutrition and learn how to cook
- By the end of EYFS pupils should safely use and explore a variety of material, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, form and function.
- By the end of Key Stage 1/Key Stage 2 Pupils should through a variety of creative and practical activities be taught the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to engage in an iterative process of designing and making. Working in a range of relevant contexts, home/school, gardens/playgrounds, local community, industry and the wider environment. They should also be taught how to cook and apply the principles of nutrition and healthy eating.
- Design Technology is taught every alternate half term, in the opposite half term to art.